Sunday, October 25, 2015

Under the Wyeth Influence ... Sort Of

"Top Chicken," oil, 6"h x 6"w, ©2015 Jill Banks
I'm too fond of color to fit in the family ... but a visit to the Somerville-Manning Gallery in Greenville, Delaware on Friday surrounded me with enough Jamie Wyeth animal influence to decide what was on my easel for the last two days.

"Pretty Pig," oil, 6"h x 6"w, ©2015 Jill Banks -- from Coverdale Farm Preserve
Friends from the farm including the prettiest, cleanest, nicest-odored pig I've ever come across.

Plus, there are great chickens and cows to honor in paint. It was a field day ... just staged inside since post-plein air competition, I managed to acquire a cold. Par for the course.
"Cow," oil, 6"h x 6"w, ©2015 Jill Banks
 These small paintings ... along with many more ... will be heading to the  One Of A Kind Show and Sale unless you want to snatch them up first.  And, I have complimentary tickets to that show. Do you want them? Email me: jill@jillbanks.com with your snail mail address and I'd be glad to send them while they last.

Winter classes are now up, too, on my web site. Take a look!  I'll be teaching a Portrait Painting/Drawing class this January on Sunday afternoons. Class size is limited and if you want to join us, don't wait. As School Director Julie Casso mentioned today -- that is not a ploy to get you to sign up. The class will fill and I hope you'll be in it.



Thanks for reading!
Jill

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email: jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
 

See the Events page for more info/updates
December 3-6: One Of A Kind Show and Sale, Merchandise Mart, Chicago, IL


No comments: