Friday, October 2, 2015

"Daisies, Daisies" New Still Life with Gerberas

"Daisies, Daisies," oil, 24"h x12"w, ©2015 Jill Banks
This was one of the still lifes beckoning in my "Still Life Plus" class I teach through the Great Falls School of Art. The class is on Tuesday, meaning I'm shopping in the grocery on Monday with almost all of the flowers ready to expire. So this was painting under pressure.

I thought of naming this "Good Book" because hidden behind the Gerbera's is Richard Schmid's "Alla Prima" book -- my favorite art book, hands down.

Hope you enjoy. The photo's not great but still wanted to share this.

In case you were planning to visit me at McLean's MPA artfest this weekend ... it has been rescheduled to Monday, October 12, 10am to 5pm in McLean Central Park at the corner of Old Dominion Drive and Dolley Madison Boulevard  in McLean, Virginia. With the last minute change of dates and the move to a Monday holiday, we will be very lucky to get a good turnout. If you can make it, I know you'll get a big cheer from me!

Thanks for reading!
Jill

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email: jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com

See the Events page for more info/updates

Monday, October 12:  McLean MPA Artfest, McLean Central Park, McLean, VA
October 16-18:  Great Falls 12th Annual Studio Tour, (I'll be at the Artists' Atelier, 756 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA 22066). Self-guided tour of the home or group studios of 44 Great Falls artists.
October 19-25:  Plein Air Brandywine Valley, Juried plein air competition, wet paint show and sale in Delaware.
December 3-6: One Of A Kind Show & Sale, Merchandise Mart, Chicago, IL

No comments: