Wednesday, October 28, 2015

On the Cover of the Great Falls Connection

Cover of the Great Falls Connection Newspaper, October 21, 2015
Immediately after the Great Falls Studio Tour ... as in I left an hour and a half early on Sunday ... I headed to Delaware for Plein Air Brandywine Valley for a week of painting.

Yesterday was my first time back to my studio -- actually to teach my two Tuesday classes but in a quick stop in my area at the Artists' Atelier (756 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA), there I found this week's copy of the Great Falls Connection with a photo of me -- surrounded by my paintings on the cover. Nice!

The tour was a great success -- filled with enthusiastic visitors, returning friends, family (my Mom, Dad and brother Phil came to my Saturday demo).  It was a busy, fun weekend spent sharing our art and art-making.  Thank you to the Great Falls Connection for covering this signature event brought to the community by Great Falls Studios with a sponsorship from Sun Design Remodeling.

As classes wind down (one more full Tuesday) and my last two art events of the year (Collectors Home Show in Virginia and the One of a Kind Show in Chicago) lay ahead, I'm catching the last of the outdoors as painting subject, focusing on mini paintings to help you with gift-giving (collaborations welcome),  contemplating some major works and working on commissions.

"Pink Flamingo," oil, 6"h x 6"w, ©2015 Jill Banks. One of the Beanie Baby Series. Available.
In addition to encouraging you to think about commissioning or requesting a subject to help you with your holiday shopping ...
What about giving the gift of one of my art classes (to loved ones or yourself) coming up this January taught through the Great Falls School of Art (Great Falls, VA)? Check out my Winter Class offerings here -- with one night and Sunday afternoon class that would fit work/school schedules for teens and adults. Here's the link to my classes page for more info: http://jillbanks.com/workshops

"How Now, Cow?" finished, oil, 16"h x 12"w,©2015 Jill Banks
Well past time to get into the studio.  Off I go.

So what was on the easel today? A return to "Persimmons, Melon and a Cow" -- a painting started on Friday of the Studio Tour as a demo -- that's now renamed as "How Now, Cow?"

Thanks for reading!
Jill

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email: jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
 

See the Events page for more info/updates
December 3-6: One Of A Kind Show and Sale, Merchandise Mart, Chicago, IL

No comments: