Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Painting Home

"Baby, It's Cold Outside," oil, 24"h x 18"w,©Jill Banks 2015.
For each new solo exhibit on the horizon, I seem to have an endless list of paintings-to-be that are added to my inclusion wish list. In "Warm Observations: People and Places," now playing (up) at ArtSpace Herndon, 750 Center Street, Herndon, VA ... I wanted to show "home" -- all the new scenes that surround me since Randy and I moved to our townhome in Fairfax last summer.

So it didn't make it into that exhibit, but sooner or later, I do get around to turning those visions in my head a reality. Here's my second favorite spot in our house (the studio still wins #1) -- the perfect table for Randy and me ... with snow lining the trees and grass outside.

Preview "Warm Observations" Online Here. Scenes from last Saturday's reception are repeated  here. They weren't ready in time for the last post to go out. Enjoy!


"Market Day," my painting from the Alba, Italy market behind Jay, trying to hide.

Events and Exhibits


  • January 13-February 22, 2015: "Warm Observations: People and Places" Solo Exhibit, ArtSpace Herndon, Herndon, VA. Reception: Saturday, January 17. Painting demonstration: Saturday, January 31. RSVP for painting demo.
  • January 14 - 28: Great Falls School of Art Annual Student Exhibition, Atelier Gallery, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great
    Falls, VA. Reception: Friday, January 16, 7-9pm
  • Paint with Me in Italy Plein Air Workshop: July 27 to August 2, 2015. Registration is now open. (This is where "Piemonte Lunch" was "born"!)
  • See the Events page for more info/updates
  • Ongoing: Visit the studio I share with 14 other artists at the Artists’ Atelier, Great Falls, VA open Wed. and Sat.,
    12- 4pm
Thanks for reading!
Reception photos from the opening reception of "Warm Observations: People and Places"
Jill

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email: jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com

Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel




How's that for a sign! 
 

No comments: