Saturday, January 3, 2015

Happy New Year ... First Painting of 2015

"Twinkle, Twinkle," oil, 16"h x 12"w, ©Jill Banks 2014
Husband Randy was reading a book on the Kindle early evening at just the right time to be recruited to become the subject of a painting.

I'm just recovering from the flu which stole at least five days of painting time. My "to do" list to get ready to hang my "Warm Observations: People and Places" show (on January 12 at ArtSpace Herndon) is getting longer and longer. Fortunately, time in the studio is on that list!

Since it's time to post ... I guess this is it. Expect another from me tomorrow with info on the Great Falls School of Art Student Exhibition, what's hanging in my studio at the Atelier, maybe another painting ... and more.

My upcoming classes are both full. You may still join the wait list ... just in case.




Events and Exhibits

  • Ongoing: Visit the studio I share with 14 other artists at the Artists’ Atelier, Great Falls, VA open Wed. and Sat., 12- 4pm
  • January 13-February 22, 2015: "Warm Observations: People and Places" Solo Exhibit, ArtSpace Herndon, Herndon, VA. Reception: Saturday, January 17. Painting demonstration: Saturday, January 31. RSVP for painting demo.
  • See the Events page for more info/updates
Thanks for reading! Happy New Year!
Jill

Classes page at www.JillBanks.com. Portrait class full with wait list ... but add your name anyway if interested.  Spots do open up. Thanks! Still life is also full. How about Paint(ing) with Me in Italy this Summer?


Phone: 703.403.7435
Email:
jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com

Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel


No comments: