Sunday, January 4, 2015

"Early Evening at the Town Center" Revisited ... Again

"Early Evening at the Town Center," oil, 22"h x 28"w, ©Jill Banks 2015

Finally rehung my studio space at the Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA
I returned to this painting that was started as a plein air piece created at the Reston Town Center (Reston, VA) last year. I think that it is just about "there" ... as in finished.  On location, I'd painted five to six hours straight -- from late afternoon into dusk -- way too long to be practical. Think how different the light was on the subjects. And, of course I liked the light best toward the end of the painting session when the street lamps came on and a pretty glow settled in.  Coming back to it so much later helps me evaluate it as a painting -- creating the scene in general vs. the particulars. 

I also got around to sprucing up my space at the Artists' Atelier. I'd robbed all but a few paintings for my Home Studio Collectors Show in December ... so it was very barren.  In just a week, I'll be hanging my "Warm Observations: People and Places" exhibit at ArtSpace Herndon.  Then, guess what our house will look like. Lots of hooks missing art.

Events and Exhibits

  • Ongoing: Visit the studio I share with 14 other artists at the Artists’ Atelier, Great Falls, VA open Wed. and Sat., 12- 4pm
  • January 13-February 22, 2015: "Warm Observations: People and Places" Solo Exhibit, ArtSpace Herndon, Herndon, VA. Reception: Saturday, January 17. Painting demonstration: Saturday, January 31. RSVP for painting demo.
  • January 14 - 28: Great Falls School of Art Annual Student Exhibition, Atelier Gallery, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA. Reception: Friday, January 16, 7-9pm
  • See the Events page for more info/updates
Thanks for reading!
Jill

Classes page at www.JillBanks.com. Portrait class full with wait list ... but add your name anyway if interested.  Spots do open up. Thanks! Still life is also full. How about Paint(ing) with Me in Italy this Summer?


Phone: 703.403.7435
Email:
jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com

Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel

No comments: