Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Wet NYC Street Painting in Progress

"Don't Walk" (rainy NYC street painting) work in progress, oil, 40"h x 30"w, ©Jill Banks 2014
You should see my studio.

I've been on a honing my art tools kick for the past week ... because it was past time as in: dirty brushes, paints not where I expected them, wanting to take care of some untended to tasks.

Lots of discoveries were made this week.  Paints are categorized by colors spread out all over the studio floor. It looks like an art supply store in there. Three new color charts were made (I'll tell you about that tomorrow). Some paintings were finished.

And this one, "Don't Walk," was started.

"Cabs in NYC," oil, 8"h x 10"w, ©Jill Banks 2012, private collection
I'm not sure if the title will stay. Suggestions welcome. A few of the rainy scenes that have preceded this one (all sold), included "Five Umbrellas," "Rainy Day in NYC" (shown below right) and "New York State of Mind." Take a look at those on my website, click on Works and go to the Places collection. And, I may add them here on the post but if you get it via email (as a subscriber), you'll have to go to my blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com.

Thanks for visiting.

Jill

"Rainy Day in NYC," oil, 18"h x 24"w, ©Jill Banks, private collection
Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
 
Email
Phone: 703.403.7435

Artists Atelier, Great Falls VA website: GreatFallsAtelier.com  
Paint in Italy Workshop: August 3 - 10, 2014: Info

EXHIBITS AND WORKSHOP 

February 26-March 31: Spring Fever, Gallery in the Artists Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA 22066. Open Wednesdays and Saturdays, noon-4pm.  I'll have one to four pieces in that exhibit. 


Sign up for Spring classes. Go to my Classes page for more info.

Paint with Me in Italy, August 3-10. See my Workshop page for details. I hope you can join us for one fantastic trip!

No comments: