Sunday, March 23, 2014

Great Class!

A picture tells a thousand words.
The results from today's portrait class. This ... in four hours! The class rocks.

In my three-session add-on to my Portrait Painting class -- six canvases went from blank to this. Our sitter was ace photographer, Dean Souleles. Now there are seven of him. One more apt to walk around than the rest of them.

I've never surrounded our model by the day's work. One student mentioned that, ah, that's why we need to stand back from our easels. Up close, you don't know what's right or what needs to be fixed.

Two more of my classes start soon. Still Life Painting on Tuesdays, 10am-1pm starts in on March 25. Unusually, there's still room -- a function of "graduation," a strange schedule of mine (check my class page on my web site for specific no class dates), and starting so soon after the last class ended.

Plein Air Landscape painting starts soon -- on Wednesdays for six sessions, 9:30am to 1:30am with one spot still open.

The quote of the day for class, from a new student is "not in a million years did I think I could do this!"

Join us. The first class of Still Life is a demo -- so you don't need all your gear.

Class location is the Great Falls School of Art, 1144 Walker Road, Suite D, Great Falls, VA.

Let's paint Italy! Image copyright Mary Beth Gaiarin
Coming up this Thursday, March 27, 3:30 to 5:30pm -- Art Reception at Hilton's Worldwide Headquarters in McLean, VA. Only during those two hours. RSVP necessary. Email me. See my web site's event page for more details.

And, I'm still hoping more of you will join me in Italy in August. See my web site for more details.

Jill


Phone: 703.403.7435
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Web: www.JillBanks.com


Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com

Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel (This link takes you to the subscription page.)

Paint with Me in Italy: August 3 to 10, 2014.
For more info, itinerary and links to register, see the classes page on my web site.

See Current  and Upcoming Exhibits/Events

No comments: