Saturday, December 11, 2010

Home Studio Open House ... A Better Look

If you read my previous blog about my Home Studio Open House ... you know I didn't take any photos during or before the big event. I just was overwhelmed by ... everything ... to think how great it would be to capture the real scene. But two days ago, after a delivery or two of my sold pieces, I did take some photos to just show you the house, all decked out in Jill Banks originals and special shots of my home studio. (It's wonderful!!!!)

To wrap up, I sold two paintings before the Open House (because of my invitation and having a house set up for an art party), 12 paintings and drawings during the event, and one on Wednesday. Fifteen!!!

Today (at this weekend's Holiday Show for Great Falls Studios), I sold two more pieces ... one to collectors who had been to my Open House. I invited other highly interested art shoppers to my house next week to see more of what I have available. (Although the supply is dwindling drastically.)

Now I've heard this over and over again. People loved this party. It was a real eye opener. Having (almost) all of my artwork in one place gave them a chance to really pinpoint what they loved about it and find their favorite works. Because pieces spanned the last seven years, they really got a chance to get to know me as an artist. Those who saw it in my home venue saw how it can fit in theirs. Plus, they understand how much better the same piece looks at home than in some of the many more sterile environments in which it's occasionally shown.

I'm still in shock that so many pieces are going off to new homes. If I thought about it in terms of hours, days, weeks, months, years of work, I'd probably faint. I will really need to think about what to do next. Think and paint.

See my earlier post for more info about the Open House. Contact me if you'd like to know more.

Thanks!



Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435







No comments: