Monday, March 15, 2010

"Dining Room Roses": A New Interior Work in Progress

Quick post. This is really a work in progress. I see plenty to fix and do ... and it's sopping wet ... so I can't do too much more at the moment.

It's the latest of my home interior paintings. This is a scene I was dying to paint as the roses opened up. While my other interiors are tiny, I decided to go larger with this one. Much. I'm working toward being able to tackle my restaurant paintings and scenes on site ... not from photos. These interiors are a stepping stone. What I need to figure out ... is what size I can accomplish in a single painting session live and how to achieve some of the lighting effects and contrasts I love in an alla prima painting. A lot to learn.

"Dining Room Roses" work in progress, Yarka oil on linen, 18"h x 24"w, copyright Jill Banks 2010.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: