Thursday, March 18, 2010

"Lindt Bunny" Painting Today

Life's a little crazy at the moment. Whenever I'm trying to get ready to go on a trip, I keep adding to the to do list and seem unable to "do" any of them. Strange phenomena. I did manage to paint this little rabbit. Makes sense that painting him (or her) wasn't really a top preplanned priority. (Not on the list.)

On my behalf, I really didn't have sufficient time to tackle anything else. All my other painting tasks require a long span of uninterrupted hours... and I had a small window of opportunity.

This evening, Randy and I had our last Italian lesson tonight before heading off to Italy so there was a predetermined stop time. I now know how to ask where the restrooms are ... a very important piece of information. I'm very glad I'm not getting graded on pronunciation, understanding or memorization. That pretty much sums up my progress.

After the Italian lessons, we went shopping at the Art League store for some materials to take on the trip. I can't wait to try them out! That probably should be on the to do list. I'm putting together a sketchbook with a variety of papers -- different colors and kinds. (Gutenberg laid, Frankfurt cream, three colors of Canson Mi-teintes.)

"Lindt Bunny", oil on Raymar panel, 8"h x 6"w, copyright Jill Banks 2010. Another small one.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: