Thursday, March 11, 2010

Wet Paint: Scene from Murano

With our trip to Italy (Florence, Rome, yea!) fast approaching, I needed to revisit the place. This is day two for this painting... although I believe that's a little exaggerated. Day one consisted of about three hours. Short day.

There's still not much to see ... but there will be.

So many ideas have been rolling around in my mind lately.  The latest is to work on some magnificent drawing. Hmmm. On a recent trip to NYC, the lobby was filled with beautiful, moody drawings of the street and bridges. While moody isn't me, the city is.  I loved the scale and simplicity of what I saw. I've never really worked large in a drawing medium. I'd like to try it. Chances are I will.

On Saturday I present the major commission I've been working on. I think it's beautiful Let's see what the rest of the consensus is.

This one's a start. "Murano Moment" work in progress, oil on Senso linen, 16"h x 20"w, copyright Jill Banks 2010.

See yesterday's post for class information.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

2 comments:

Elizabeth Seaver said...

This is a wonderful image. Friendship, relaxed conversation, sunshine, water....I'll bet just about everyone has a memory of a time like this!

Jill Banks said...

Thanks, Elizabeth. I loved just walking around there. Around every corner was something else magical. A new discovery. And, you see one memory and recover another.