|"Pumpkin," oil, 16"h x 12"w, ©Jill Banks 2014|
This is a painting that deserves a close-up, since a great deal of the action is in the brushstrokes.
|Close-up of "Pumpkin," oil, ©Jill Banks 2014|
Lots of paintings are underway and planned for my solo show at ArtSpace Herndon which opens mid-January. Each solo show involves a countdown and checklist as I figure out the exhibit's story, what to show, what to paint, and then paint, contemplate, frame, present. Sounds simple and straightforward. Nope. But each time I really think about where my art is presently, where I want it to go, contemplate my own personal story ... the work itself takes a giant leap forward. Worth every minute, hour, week, month.
Events and Exhibits
- November 1&2: Chastain Park Arts Festival, Atlanta GA
- November 3-December 1: Large Works Show, Art League, Alexandria, VA. "Garden Girl" chosen as one of 16 works for this exhibit (out of 80 entries)
- Ongoing: Visit the studio I share with 14 other artists at the Artists’ Atelier, Great Falls, VA open Wed. and Sat., 12- 4pm
- Jan.-Feb. 2015: Solo Exhibit, ArtSpace Herndon, Herndon, VA
- See the Events page for more info/updates
Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel (This link takes you to the subscription page.)