|"Italian Time," (take four), oil, 30"h x 30"w, ©Jill Banks 2014|
Finally, this great, deluxe bunch appeared. Different type than the first, second and third ... but perfect in their imperfections, unruliness, spirit and size.
So, it is done, beautifully framed and hanging in my studio for the Great Falls Art Studio Tour. Come for a visit tomorrow ... Sunday, October 19, 10am to 5pm at the Artists' Atelier, Studio #19, upstairs from the Great Falls School of Art (where I teach) at 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA.
Two of my paintings from those August days in Italy went home with a new owner today. "Bend in the Road" and "Hill Town Stroll" -- both from the hill town of La Morra, Italy were purchased this morning. I'll bring at least one more piece, "La Morra View" for the walls still full of art. See my website: www.JillBanks.com, go to Works and click on Places to see those paintings and others from Italy and other spots, near and far.
Plenty of folks are coming each day for my noon to 1pm demo given in the studio. Today was a continuation of yesterday's painting. Not sure what I'll decide to do tomorrow. There's plenty of time left to figure that out, right? Know that you're invited!
For more information on the Great Falls Art Studio Tour event, go to www.GreatFallsStudios.com.
Events and Exhibits
- Oct. 17-19: Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, Artists’ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA
- November 1&2: Chastain Park Arts Festival, Atlanta GA
- Ongoing: Visit the studio I share with 14 other artists at the Artists’ Atelier, Great Falls, VA open Wed. and Sat., 12- 4pm
- Jan.-Feb. 2015: Solo Exhibit, ArtSpace Herndon, Herndon, VA
- See the Events page for more info/updates
Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel (This link takes you to the subscription page.)