Friday, October 24, 2014

"Clifton Caboose" Plein Air Painting Today

"Clifton Caboose," oil, 16"h x 20"w, ©Jill Banks 2014
I've been wanting to return to Clifton, VA ... this time to paint (previously I was delivering a painting) ... for a few weeks.

Once is not enough as there are so many views to take in, so different from the top of the hill or down at street level. Beautiful shadows playing upon the faces of brightly-painted buildings. Plenty of people flooding the town, enjoying the day.

Hopefully, I'll make it back before all the leaves fall. Today was gorgeous. Perfect weather. Blue skies. I was VERY glad to be at my easel.

"Crossword and Quince," oil, 20"h x 16"w, ©Jill Banks 2014
There have been many paintings completed this past week and others started. Here's the finished version of last Friday and Saturday's Studio Tour demo: "Crossword and Quince." A better photo will follow on my web site ... but this gives you a pretty good idea of what it looks like.

More to come in the next few days.  I'm thoroughly enjoying LOTS of painting hours. Yay!!!

Events and Exhibits
  • November 1&2: Chastain Park Arts Festival, Atlanta GA
  • November 3-December 1: Large Works Show, Art League, Alexandria, VA. "Garden Girl" chosen as one of 16 works for this exhibit (out of 80 entries)
  • Ongoing: Visit the studio I share with 14 other artists at the Artists’ Atelier, Great Falls, VA open Wed. and Sat., 12- 4pm
  • Jan.-Feb. 2015: Solo Exhibit, ArtSpace Herndon, Herndon, VA
  • See the Events page for more info/updates
Thanks for reading!

Jill

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email:
jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com

Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel (This link takes you to the subscription page.)

No comments: