|Scene from before the reception at my "100 Faces in 100 Days" Exhibit at the Great Falls Library in May 2011|
|More photos from the library reception back in 2011|
The group of 60 or so women who attended the talk this morning couldn't have been more gracious, fun, interested. I also benefited from an introduction by Sharon Pound, who has taken on the role as Programs lead. She'd make me want to come to my own talk. Thank you, Sharon!
|"Garden Girl," oil, 42"h x 36"w, ©Jill Banks 2012|
I received word today that "Garden Girl" was one of 16 pieces (out of 80 submitted) for the Art League's "Large Works" exhibit that opens on November 4. Can't wait to see her ... along with the other 15 pieces in the gallery that month.
Great Falls Art Studio Tour, October 17-19, 10am to 5pm each Day
Please join us. I'll be at the Artists' Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA ... along with most of my studiomates, hoping you'll visit us. Each day I'll be giving a demo, too, from noon to 1pm.
For more information on the Great Falls Art Studio Tour event, go to www.GreatFallsStudios.com.
Events and Exhibits
- Oct. 17-19: Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, Artists’ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA
- November 1&2: Chastain Park Arts Festival, Atlanta GA
- Ongoing: Visit the studio I share with 14 other artists at the Artists’ Atelier, Great Falls, VA open Wed. and Sat., 12- 4pm
- Jan.-Feb. 2015: Solo Exhibit, ArtSpace Herndon, Herndon, VA
- See the Events page for more info/updates
|"Warm Studio," oil, 20"h x 16"w, ©Jill Banks 2014|
Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel (This link takes you to the subscription page.)