Sunday, October 26, 2014

New NYC Painting: Urban Colors

"Crosswalk," (New York City), oil, 40"h x 30"w, ©Jill Banks 2014
Currently, my latest NYC painting is called "Crosswalk" but perhaps the title in my blog post (Urban Colors) is a better description. Any suggestions are most welcome.

"Crosswalk" is a different view of the city, focusing on the brilliant, jewel tones under an clouded sky still working to cast the spell of sunset. (I hope that's at least sort of a sentence.)

It is one of many paintings destined for my "In Focus: People and Places"  solo exhibition being held at Herndon ArtSpace from January 13 to February 22, 2015. For now, it will go in the Places collection of my web site ... but closer to the exhibition install date, I'll put up a preview including all the pieces that will hang in the show.

Tonight is "tame my brushes" time -- as they've been extremely used and abused of late. Then, I'll be selecting pieces to gather and bring to the Chastain Park Fine Art Festival next weekend being held in Atlanta. Saturday and Sunday, November 1&2, I'll be in Booth #113, 10am to 6pm on Saturday and 11am to 5pm on Sunday.

Time to go...

Events and Exhibits
  • November 1&2: Chastain Park Arts Festival, Atlanta GA
  • November 3-December 1: Large Works Show, Art League, Alexandria, VA. "Garden Girl" chosen as one of 16 works for this exhibit (out of 80 entries)
  • Ongoing: Visit the studio I share with 14 other artists at the Artists’ Atelier, Great Falls, VA open Wed. and Sat., 12- 4pm
  • Jan.-Feb. 2015: Solo Exhibit, ArtSpace Herndon, Herndon, VA
  • See the Events page for more info/updates
Thanks for reading!

Jill

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email:
jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com

Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel (This link takes you to the subscription page.)

No comments: