Friday, May 9, 2014

Painting on the Torpedo Factory Dock

"Hot Dogs on the Dock," oil, 12"h x 16"w,©Jill Banks 2014
Mid-afternoon to dusk in Old Town Alexandria, VA. Ran into many artist friends. Talked to onlookers. Earned a few "WOWs!"

Good day.

Thanks for checking in!

Jill

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email:
jillbanks1@aol.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Subscribe to my Email Newsletter:
News from the Easel (This link takes you to the subscription page.)

 
May 27-May 31: Mountain Maryland Plein Air I join 29 other artists juried from around the country to capture Cumberland MD and surrounding areas in this plein air competition and exhibition. Second time around.

May 31 & June 1: Great Falls Studios Spring Outdoor Art Festival  Two days with my work under a tent in the Great Falls Village Centre, corner of Georgetown Pike and Walker Road,  Great Falls, VA. Husband Randy will hold down “the Fort” on Saturday while I finish up at Mountain Maryland and then I hope to see you on Sunday, June 1!
 
March 5 - December: Richeson75 Still Life and Floral 2014  Two of my paintings: "Honey Bunny" and "Garden Girl" were chosen as finalists in this online competition and exhibition. 75 total works were selected for this exhibition from entries/artists worldwide. See the exhibit at http://richeson75.com/stilllife/index.html

Paint with Me in Italy: August 3 to 10, 2014. For more info, itinerary and links to register, see the classes page on my web site. Great folks are signing up to join me on this wonderful adventure. I hope you can, too! 

No comments: