Friday, May 30, 2014

Great Falls Spring Art Fair on the Green, May 31 & June 1, Mountain Maryland and More

"Keeping Watch Over You," oil, 16"h x 20"w, copyright Jill Banks 2014 painted from behind Our Lady of the Mount
Long title ... but these have been long and exciting days.

"Every Which Way," oil, 16"h x 12"w, copyright Jill Banks 2014
As Randy prepares the tent and many paintings to hang in this weekend's Art Fair on the Village Green in Great Falls, VA, I'm getting ready to head to the Patron and Sponsor Reception for Mountain Maryland Plein Air in Cumberland, MD. The Quick Draw/Paint event is Saturday (tomorrow as I write) morning (May 31) from 10 to noon and then the public reception and awards ceremony that night. Then I'll head back for the second day of the Great Falls Art Fair.

Great Falls Spring Art Fair on the Green, May 31 & June 1, Great Falls, VA
If you're anywhere near Great Falls, VA this weekend, I really hope you'll get to the show. It's under two big tents in the Village Green tucked away at the intersection of Georgetown Pike and Walker Road.  Hours are: Saturday, 9am to 5pm and Sunday, 11am to 8pm. Considering Randy's been doing so much of the work, you would really make me more popular if you came and took a look. Tell him I sent you.

"City Lights," oil, 12"h x 16"w, copyright Jill Banks 2014
Spread the word. Tell a friend. Better yet, bring a friend!

Mountain Maryland Plein Air 2014
Back to Mountain Maryland. It's been a really tough week weatherwise. Sweating to death. High humidity. Starting to rain every time I set up my easel. Husband Randy was there again to the rescue figuring out all sorts of ways for me to finish those pieces. (I'll tell you more about that in another post.)

So here are the paintings. Two were turned in for jurying.  (No awards, but they were appreciated by many I talked with tonight.) The photos definitely look amiss as I have a new camera with no idea how to operate it ... but at least you get the idea.

MPA Artfest
And I just heard that my work was juried into McLean's MPA Artfest, an outdoor art festival that has been a part of my Fall schedule for a decade (or thereabouts). More info to come about this event that takes place Sunday, October 5, 10am to 5pm in McLean Central Park (McLean, VA). I'm happy to be returning!

"Full Steam Ahead," oil, 10"h x 8"w, copyright Jill Banks 2014 painted before steam engine 734 left the station this morning

No comments: