Tuesday, May 20, 2014

"Morning Glories" Work in Progress

"Morning Glories" work in progress, oil, 14"h x 11"w, ©Jill Banks 2014
That Anders Zorn portrait of his wife Emma ... seen Saturday in NYC at the National Academy Museum ... made me put a newspaper to work in this composition. Couldn't help myself. (See previous post for image.)

This isn't quite done.  The morning glory flowers and container moved to the Great Falls School of Art for today's still life class. Once they make a trip home, I'll finish it up.

The vine has been shouting for attention (paint me!!) with a profusion of gorgeous flowers in our backyard for the last few days. Wait too long and the opportunity is toast.

Not Nice News ... Stolen Art
Studiomate and friend Cindy Grisdela was one of 200 exhibitors at the Northern Virginia Fine Arts Festival this past weekend, May 17 and 18 in Reston, VA.  Sometime Saturday night, six of her pieces of fiber art were stolen from her booth. 

You can imagine how devastating this is for her. She needs your help. Read her blog posts ... keep a look out for those pieces and help get her work returned to her.

Amangansett (Hamptons area, NY)... Here We Come
in July!  I'll be joining other great artists at the Amagansett Fine Art Festival over the July 4 weekend. More details to come and hopefully, I'll learn how to pronounce it.

Lots of art shows, festivals, painting all sorts of places. It looks like quite a Spring and Summer. I hope to see you there!

Before I head off to all of these locations to show my work, if you're local DC... I really hope you'll come visit at the May 31&June 1 Outdoor (under the BIG Tent) Art Festival being held in Great Falls. 25 artists exhibiting. Husband Randy is in charge day one (Saturday, May 31, 9am to 5pm) and I'll be there Sunday, June 1, 11am to 8pm.

Right around the corner is the Great Falls Studio Art on the Green, an outdoor arts festival on May 31 and June 1 in Great Falls, VA ... and Mountain Maryland Plein Air. Lots to look forward to!


Phone: 703.403.7435
Email:
jillbanks1@aol.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Subscribe to my Email Newsletter:
News from the Easel (This link takes you to the subscription page.)

 
May 27-May 31: Mountain Maryland Plein Air I join 29 other artists juried from around the country to capture Cumberland MD and surrounding areas in this plein air competition and exhibition. Second time around.

May 31 & June 1: Great Falls Studios Spring Outdoor Art on the Green Festival  Two days with my work under a tent in the Great Falls Village Centre, corner of Georgetown Pike and Walker Road,  Great Falls, VA. Husband Randy will hold down “the Fort” on Saturday while I finish up at Mountain Maryland and then I hope to see you on Sunday, June 1!
 
March 5 - December: Richeson75 Still Life and Floral 2014  Two of my paintings: "Honey Bunny" and "Garden Girl" were chosen as finalists in this online competition and exhibition. 75 total works were selected for this exhibition from entries/artists worldwide. See the exhibit at http://richeson75.com/stilllife/index.html

Paint with Me in Italy: August 3 to 10, 2014. For more info, itinerary and links to register, see the classes page on my web site. Great folks are signing up to join me on this wonderful adventure. I hope you can, too!  

No comments: