Monday, May 12, 2014

Back to Burano Italy

"Burano Boats," oil, 8"h x 10"w, ©Jill Banks 2014
Well, not really. But my thoughts are revisiting the place.

This is the second painting worked on canal side in this fishing village/island filled with impossibly bright-colored buildings, boats, scenes, things everywhere you look. Here again, I tucked myself away from the bulk of the crowds, later in the afternoon when many visitors had already headed home.  Still, there were plenty of appreciative, enthusiastic onlookers happy with my take on the scene.

"Like Colors: Burano Italy," oil, 10"h x 8"w, ©Jill Banks 2014
The first painting from the one-day visit was "Like Colors." The smaller paintings were done as multiples on an unmounted piece of linen (Centurion Deluxe Oil-Primed linen available in pads)... necessitating cropping and mounting the paintings once back home (as in now). 

That's what's been going on in my kitchen over the last week.

Both of these paintings, along with more, will most likely be found under a tent on May 31 and June 1 for "Art on the Green" in Great Falls, VA.

I'll be missing from there on May 31 -- still painting and participating in festivities at Mountain Maryland Plein Air, held in Cumberland, MD from May 27 to May 31. There I will be one of 30 artists chosen from around the country: painting, competing and exhibiting in this plein air event.

Husband Randy will be setting up the display and hoping you'll visit in Great Falls on May 31. Then, I'll be there, too or instead ... on June 1.

I hope you had a wonderful Mothers' Day! I sure enjoyed spending time with our kids, son Sam's in-laws, the Anonicks and my Mom and Dad. Couldn't be better!!!

Jill

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email:
jillbanks1@aol.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Subscribe to my Email Newsletter:
News from the Easel (This link takes you to the subscription page.)

 
May 27-May 31: Mountain Maryland Plein Air I join 29 other artists juried from around the country to capture Cumberland MD and surrounding areas in this plein air competition and exhibition. Second time around.

May 31 & June 1: Great Falls Studios Spring Outdoor Art on the Green Festival  Two days with my work under a tent in the Great Falls Village Centre, corner of Georgetown Pike and Walker Road,  Great Falls, VA. Husband Randy will hold down “the Fort” on Saturday while I finish up at Mountain Maryland and then I hope to see you on Sunday, June 1!
 
March 5 - December: Richeson75 Still Life and Floral 2014  Two of my paintings: "Honey Bunny" and "Garden Girl" were chosen as finalists in this online competition and exhibition. 75 total works were selected for this exhibition from entries/artists worldwide. See the exhibit at http://richeson75.com/stilllife/index.html

Paint with Me in Italy: August 3 to 10, 2014. For more info, itinerary and links to register, see the classes page on my web site. Great folks are signing up to join me on this wonderful adventure. I hope you can, too! 

No comments: