Tuesday, May 6, 2014

A Still Life for a Change...

"Lemon, Melon, Sunflowers," oil, 16"h x 12"w, ©Jill Banks 2014
Inspired by today's Still Life class, after teaching and a nice lunch ... I returned to the classroom to capture this scene. A joy.

I'm a tired puppy with class to teach tomorrow. Still glad to have spent time painting this afternoon.

I will report on this past weekend's show and other news. But not today.

I was also accepted to show in the Armonk Art Festival in New York in September. Exciting stuff! Yea!

More folks signed up to paint with me in Italy. Thinking about it? See my web site. Now or soon is the time...

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email:
jillbanks1@aol.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Subscribe to my Email Newsletter:
News from the Easel (This link takes you to the subscription page.)

 
May 27-May 31: Mountain Maryland Plein Air I join 29 other artists juried from around the country to capture Cumberland MD and surrounding areas in this plein air competition and exhibition. Second time around.

May 31 & June 1: Great Falls Studios Spring Outdoor Art Festival  Two days with my work under a tent in the Great Falls Village Centre, corner of Georgetown Pike and Walker Road,  Great Falls, VA. Husband Randy will hold down “the Fort” on Saturday while I finish up at Mountain Maryland and then I hope to see you on Sunday, June 1!
 
March 5 - December: Richeson75 Still Life and Floral 2014  Two of my paintings: "Honey Bunny" and "Garden Girl" were chosen as finalists in this online competition and exhibition. 75 total works were selected for this exhibition from entries/artists worldwide. See the exhibit at http://richeson75.com/stilllife/index.html

Paint with Me in Italy: August 3 to 10, 2014. For more info, itinerary and links to register, see the classes page on my web site. Great folks are signing up to join me on this wonderful adventure. I hope you can, too!

No comments: