Saturday, October 30, 2010

"Boats in Burano" Painting Start Today

I'm typing one-handed today so this post should be quick. I managed to injure my left
(fortunately) hand yesterday rearranging furniture. Ouch.

Here's a new scene from Burano, Italy ... a small fishing village near Venice. I've got more to do on it, but I like the reflections, abstract building shapes, etc. I tried to approach it as I would a plein air painting with direct color, large simple shapes. I must admit that having a sore hand was a bit distracting. It made it a little harder to transport myself into the scene.


In the vein of ... "if you like this one ... you might enjoy this one" (that Amazon.com employs), here's another painting "Bridge in Venice" that's also available for sale. Or see more on my web site www.JillBanks.com gallery pages in the Places and Market galleries

"Boats in Burano" work in progress, 8"h x 10"w, oil on Senso linen, copyright Jill Banks 2010
"Bridge in Venice", 11"h x 14"w, oil on Senso linen, copyright Jill Banks 2008

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435 

No comments: