Wednesday, October 6, 2010

"Rialto Market" Wins Award at Art League's "Dinner Party"

"Rialto Market", oil on linen, 24"h x 36"w, copyright Jill Banks 2009 wins Honorable Mention
This month's themed juried exhibit at the Art League (105 N. Union Street, Alexandria, VA at the Torpedo Factory), "Dinner Party," featuring food, our relationships with food, dining, etc. is certainly up my alley. It was tough to choose my two submissions, of which only one can get in -- but I made the big decision. "Through the Window" and "Rialto Market" were my two choices, and "Rialto Market" got in and won an Honorable Mention. It was actually fun at receiving on Monday night -- even though both Randy and I were dead tired from our Artfest weekend. "Rialto Market" received a warm and enthusiastic welcome from the Art League volunteers. It's a nurturing organization that has taught me so much as I became a professional artist -- with such a strong sense of camraderie.

This does mean that "Rialto Market" won't be in my studio during the Great Falls Annual Studios Tour on October 16&17, 10am-5pm (I'll be at the Artists' Atelier, the studio I share with 15 other artists at 1144 Walker Road, Suites D&G, Great Falls, VA 22066 -- get more info about this self-guided tour of the studios of 44 artists scattered throughout Great Falls at www.GreatFallsStudios.com.) But go take a look at it ... at the Torpedo Factory where it hangs through the month of October.

See my web site: www.JillBanks.com for more of my market series paintings. Go to the gallery pages.

"Rialto Market", oil on linen, 24"h x 36"w, copyright Jill Banks 2009, winner Honorable Mention at the Art League's "Dinner Party" juried exhibition, October 2010

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: