Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Something Different: "Eastern Bluebird" Painting Today

 Today I seemed to have trouble getting started. An odd problem for me. Usually I'm torturing myself over which of the dozen or so pieces I want to paint are going to get my attention. On my way to the Atelier I stopped to get something for lunch, thinking I could also pick up some pretty food item (like a frosted donut) to do a quick, little painting before an afternoon meeting. No luck. The baker hadn't baked.
 
I did work a little on my demo painting "Made in China" because the setup was there (leftover from my Still Life class) and the classroom was free for awhile.

Went to my meeting and came back looking for inspiration. The classroom wasn't available any longer and the view outside beckoned. Interesting sky today. But, it was going to take time to set up and the sun was going to disappear soon. So, I scrapped that idea.

So, finally I decided to tackle a painting of one of seven birds that Great Falls Studios artists are busy painting, photographing, quilting, sculpting, etc. for some events coming up in February. (The Artists' Atelier, the studio I share with 16 other artists at 1144 Walker Road, Suites D&G, Great Falls, VA are also planning a special exhibit of our bird paintings for December's First Friday ... info to come.)

After much deliberation, I chose the Eastern Bluebird to paint. I'm thinking of adding some other elements to this ... like nest objects, an Eastern Bluebird egg or a feather. Anyone have one of any of these they can loan me? Seems like they could be interesting additions.

Enjoy. Something different.

"Eastern Bluebird" work in progress, oil on Senso linen, 12"x12", copyright Jill Banks 2010

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: