Monday, November 23, 2009

New Exhibit: Art and Wine at Market Cellars in the Reston Town Center


"Black&White and Red All Over" -- my solo exhibit that runs through December 14 at Maison du Vin, a fantastic wine store in Great Falls, VA -- now has an annex. I just hung six pieces at Market Cellars, a Maison du Vin company,  at the Reston Town Center (near the Hyatt on Market Street). I may find a spot for one more -- just need to figure out what piece or maybe even paint a new one.


The pieces I put into Market Cellars include some appropriate holiday gifts ... just in time for Black Friday.  There you'll find "Standing By", "Nautilus", "Pear of Lovers", "Rodin's Lady Sackville-West" and two of my dwindling stock of restaurant series paintings -- "Like Husband, Like Wife" and "Friends in Florence".

Be sure to check out both locations. I have thirteen original paintings and drawings at Maison du Vin (756 Walker Road, Suite D, Great Falls, VA, 703-759-9880, Hours: Monday-Friday, 11am-8pm; Saturday, 10am-7pm; Sunday, noon-5pm). On Saturday, November 28, stop in from 1-5pm for complimentary World Tour Wine Tasting with Elite Wines (tell them I sent you). Or December 5, 1-5pm for Wines for Gifts and Holiday Celebrations (wine tasting).


Market Cellars is located at 11873 Market Street, Reston, VA 20190. 703-437-9463. I believe their hours are 11am-8pm, Monday through Saturday and Sundays from noon to 5pm.

"Standing By", oil on linen-lined board, 12"h x 9"w, copyright Jill Banks 2009. Other photos of Market Cellars and my exhibit there.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: