Monday, November 23, 2009

Art Night Out! A HUGE Success!


I get the distinct impression that Art Night Out!, the annual gala fundraising event of the Great Falls Foundation for the Arts is truly the "party of the year." Tons of chocolate, great wine, art supporters, artists and art enthusiasts, beautiful setting in the Artists' Atelier (the studio I share with 15 other artists at 1144 Walker Road, Suites D&G, Great Falls, VA), a silent auction, strawberries, cappucino, fun conversations -- were all part of the mix making this the place to be this past Friday night, November 20.

Anjanette Murphy was the event chairperson. Her committee team were like magic elves -- transforming our studio space, hanging the show for the silent auction, bringing in incredible food, catering, and drinks and inviting and bringing in a fantastic crowd. I don't know how many people were there -- but I don't think we could have fit in one more person. It was packed!


All three of the pieces I donated to the auction went to new homes. Yea! That means I sold my third (out of three) "Bellydancer" painting -- so it's time to start thinking about the fourth. I also sold my "Town Center Fountain" ink wash drawing. I love showing my drawings and paintings together ... they represent the two "sides" of me.  The drawings also offer people an opportunity to collect my work at an affordable price -- and they still get to own a beautiful original piece.

I can't wait 'til next year! Thanks to everyone who bought tickets, bought art, contributed work or food and drink, worked on the event or sponsored it. What a great success!

The photos from top to bottom: The buffet table pre-guests, my mom and dad (Ken and Shonnie Johnson) taking a chocolate tour around the world, signs of an animated evening, Randy and me in my downstairs studio/gallery space (I have space upstairs and downstairs) - photo taken by friend and fellow artist Adrienne Kralick, and a view of the party through the strawberries.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435




No comments: