Friday, November 27, 2009

Face Painting Today


Today, I decided to continue working on "Tranquility" -- a figure painting that I've been working on "live" up until today's session. I worked exclusively on the model's face ... well, almost exclusively ... since I had to rework the background a little to achieve better edges on her hair and cheek. I'm not completely satisfied yet, but I did make some good progress. The photo I took doesn't do it justice. It's tough to get a decent photo with sopping wet paint.

Check out my progress on this painting with these earlier posts:
 Sooo... Much Fun Painting Today (Day 1)
Painting a Model at the Artists' Atelier, Day 3
Day 4 for "Tranquility"
Day 5: Wet Paint and Model Day at the Atelier

Lots to do. Lots to do.

Close-up of "Tranquility" work in progress, 30"h x 24"w, oil on linen, copyright Jill Banks 2009.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: