Sunday, June 21, 2009

"Food and Wine" Painting of Burano Market: More Tweaks


See more of my food and wine paintings.

I still have more to do on this before hanging it in my upcoming exhibit (see my web site or earlier posts for details for "On the Bright Side" solo exhibit, July/August) ... but it's come a long, long ways. I just had three hours to put in today ... since it's Father's Day and the fathers I know needed a proper celebration. I glazed some today for the reflections on the windows, allowing me to add multiple transparent effects. I add glazes in the colors I want for the topmost layer (mixed oils) with Gamblin's Neomegilp medium. I'm not a medium junky. Most of the painting I do is "straight" paint and I'll only use medium on the topmost layer if the underlayer is dry to the touch and there's something I want to accomplish using a glaze.

I've gotten plenty of positive comments about the blue and orange combination employed here. See earlier posts about this painting as a work in progress, about Burano, about this rarely found blue color.
Earliest "Food and Wine" post
Second "Food and Wine" post: jillbanks.blogspot.com/2009/05/burano-market-fruit-and-wine-painting.html
Third "Food and Wine" post

"Food and Wine" pretty much done, oil on linen, 24"h x 36"w, copyright Jill Banks 2009.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: