Saturday, June 20, 2009

"Venezia Market" Painting -- So Close


This one's really close to done. I'll tweak some of my edges, do a little clean-up and sign it. I love the yellow apples in the middle front. The colors in the shadows hold all sorts of surprises. My goal is to finish this one and put the finishing touches on "Food and Wine" and then work on photographing work, framing, signing, getting postcards out, etc. for my solo show "On the Bright Side" by the end of the month.

This past week, I've been MIA from my blog -- working on portrait commissions including one of a couple that's 99.999% done and two other major projects that are in the drawing stages. At the supermarket today, I ran into my client for the 99.999% done portrait. Since I work in the Atelier where we get plenty of visitors ... lots of friends and acquaintances of the couple I've been painting have seen it ... and passed on how terrific it is. (It is.) The client hasn't seen it however. I take it as a sign that I've captured them ... since everyone recognizes them. Still, I better get the .001% left done so I can reveal it properly.

My "On the Bright Side" exhibit is being held at the Great Falls Library, July 2-August 31. I'm giving a painting demonstration on Saturday, July 11, 1-4pm (rsvp at jillbanks1@aol.com for that event) and will have a reception, Saturday, July 18, 3-6pm. See my web site (www.jillbanks.com) for more details and a preview of that exhibit. (I'm still adding to the preview -- so check back.) Mark your calendars! I hope to see you there.

Randy and I are also going up to New York City this coming Friday for the Awards Reception (and closing reception) for the Salmagundi's Club Annual Graphics and Photography Exhibition where two of my works are hanging. See my post about that acceptance and the drawings that are on exhibit. The Salmagundi Club is a beautiful, esteemed Art Institution ... and I'm ecstatic to have my work exhibited there. Pretty great.

"Venezia Market" with close-up, oil on linen, 18"h x 24"w, copyright Jill Banks 2009.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: