Monday, June 15, 2009

"Venezia Market" Painting in Progress


I spent Friday and Sunday working on this painting of a Venetian produce market. That's husband Randy silhouetted in the left corner. What do I love about this one? Everything! It has some of the qualities of "Rainy Day Market" -- the reflections in the stainless steel counter and ground, mystery and mood, plus the juxtaposition of cool and warm colors.

It will become part of my "On the Bright Side" solo exhibition that I'll be hanging on July 1. The exhibit runs July 2-August 31 at the Great Falls Library in Great Falls, VA. I'm returning to the venue where I made my first real debut with my "Feast For the Eyes" solo show in November 2005. I hope you can join me! Email me (jillbanks1@aol.com) your mailing address and I'll send you a postcard for the show. Who knows? It may be a collector's item some day!

On the Bright Side
Jill Banks oil paintings

Opening Reception
Saturday, July 18, 3-6pm

Painting Demonstration
Saturday, July 11, 1-4pm (Please rsvp for this event by email)

Great Falls Library Meeting Room
9830 Georgetown Pike, Great Falls, VA 22066
Hours: Monday-Thursday, 10am-9pm; Fridays, 10am-6pm; Saturdays, 10am-5pm. Closed Sundays.

"Venezia Market" work in progress, oil on linen, 18"h x 24"w, copyright Jill Banks 2009. See more scenes from Venice, Murano and Burano on my Thursday, June 11 post "Pizza and Pesce".

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: