Thursday, June 4, 2009

Farmer's Market, "On the Bright Side" Solo Show, MPA Artfest

What I'm up to, basically, for the next few days and months...

First Friday, June 5, 7-9pm, The Artists' Atelier (the working studios and gallery space I share with 15 other artists), 1144 Walker Road, Suites D&G, Great Falls, VA. Lots of new artwork is hung with a concentration on portrait and figure paintings and drawings. In the Great Falls School of Art space, Suite D, you'll get a chance to see some of my students' paintings from this session's Still Life class. The Artists' Atelier is open the First Friday of every month, 7-9pm and every Saturday, noon-4pm. (Note: I won't be there Saturday, June 6. See next item.)



My tent from the Farmer's Market in May. Come see me at this Saturday's market, June 6, 9am-1pm.


Great Falls Farmer's Market this Saturday, June 6, 9am-1pm, Great Falls Village Centre in parking lot near the Wachovia Bank (across from the Safeway on Walker Road). This will be my second (and probably last) appearance there for this year. Under the Great Falls Studios (a group of 85 artists of which I am a member) tent, I'll be showing my market paintings, still lifes and restaurant series. Hopefully, a slightly wet "Food and Wine" painting of a market in Burano will be hanging. Let's see how painting goes today.


July 2-August 31 "On the Bright Side" Solo Show at the Great Falls Library Meeting Room, 9830 Georgetown Pike, Great Falls, VA. Opening Reception, Saturday, July 18, 3-6pm. Painting Demonstration, Saturday, July 11, 1-4pm. This exhibit battles our trying times one canvas at a time. The world's full of silver linings. I found some. I'll set up a sneak preview on my web site (www.jillbanks.com) later in the month. Check back.


August 14-16 "Portrait & Figure Painting Workshop in Oils": I'll be teaching a weekend workshop through the Great Falls School of Art (a program of the Great Falls Foundation for the Arts). Spaces are limited, register now by downloading a summer bulletin at www.greatfallsfoundationforarts.org
. Click on School of Art. I'm also teaching a Tuesday morning, six week "Still Life in Oils" class that starts July 7. See my May 19 post for a course description.

Sunday, October 4 MPAartfest in McLean Central Park. I just found out I was accepted into this terrific outdoor arts festival put on by the McLean Project for the Arts.


Saturday and Sunday, October 17&18 Great Falls Studio Tour. I'll be one of 44 artists (members of Great Falls Studios) participating in the Studio Tour that takes place all around town. Visit me at the Artists' Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suites D&G, Great Falls, VA.

"Corner Couple," oil on panel, 24"h x 18"w, copyright Jill Banks 2007.









Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: