Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Tutu Portrait


This portrait was just given to the young girl depicted in the painting ... in honor of her 21st birthday. She's dancing with her big brother in "May I Have This Dance?", a painting commissioned by her mom.

I wrote a post about it back in January when I finished it ... but had to wait for the present to be presented to unveil it here. What a pleasure painting it and delivering it has been. What I loved about it is that the photo was tiny, a little blurry, a little grainy, etc. But all the caring between this brother and sister was there. The details weren't important.

I've had great emails back and forth with mom Sally since first delivering the painting. The latest was this one after her daughter received her present.

We had Sally's 21st birthday party in Charlottesville Saturday night. She absolutely flipped over the "tutu" portrait! It will go down in Simms history as one of the best gifts ever. Her guests were blown away ... Many thanks to you, talented friend!


"May I Have This Dance?", oil on Senso linen, 14"h x 11"w, copyright Jill Banks 2009.

For more information on commissioning a portrait, see my web site, www.jillbanks.com.

Come see my work and the work of 26 other artists this weekend for the Great Falls Studios Spring Art Festival. I'll be at 1144 Walker Road, Suites D (downstairs) and G (upstairs), Great Falls, VA from 10am-5pm both Saturday and Sunday.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: