Saturday, April 25, 2009

Great Falls Studios Spring Art Fair ... Come!



Today, I thanked a lot of people for coming to visit my studio for this weekend's Spring Art Fair event... and they thanked me back. I know they were enjoying themselves. Put me someplace where there's fine art to see and experience, and I'm as happy as I can possibly be. So, I get it.

Great Falls Studios has been holding a Spring Art Fair for years at the Colvin Run Historic Schoolhouse and I've participated in every one. This year, we broke the Fair into two locations with the second location being 1144 Walker Road, Suites D & G, Great Falls, VA ... home to my two studios, part of the Artists' Atelier, and I chose to stay in the Atelier for this event. Unfortunately, this year's event tested the tenacity of our fairgoers with a typo in the flyer that gave the wrong address for the Atelier, plus absolutely no signage for the Artists' Atelier. Our signage is for the Great Falls Foundation for the Arts (GFFFTA) and we are on two floors: 1144 Walker Road, Suites D & G. Please come and bring your art-loving and buying friends. We're open Sunday from 10am-5pm and the space is filled with art that will knock your socks off. The Artists' Atelier is beautiful, but it has never looked better.

While we didn't have tons of visitors today, it was quality over quantity. What a joy it is to talk about art and creative endeavors. It crosses age and experience barriers. I talked today to a 10-year-old girl who thoroughly understands and loves art. She talked about painting a still life that was similar to one of mine, and she knew why. Wow.

I received the above photo from Jack, one of my visitors. Jack and his wife, Paige, lived all over the world and talked about a good friend of theirs, Halinka, an artist, who painted a picture of their dog using the kids' crayons. I was definitely intrigued. Artists do things like that. Everything is possible, and no media is too humble. We just want to create.

He kindly emailed me this photo, a photo of the dog painting, and we became friends.

Now, for all of you who don't collect art, I want you to know that it's okay ... you can. Once, I didn't create art. Now I do. All you have to do is start. Everything is possible. You can live with something that will make your spirits rise every single day.

I hope to see you tomorrow at 1144 Walker Road, Suites D&G, Great Falls, VA 22066. Look for the blue balloons and the GFFFTA and art show signs.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: