Wednesday, April 15, 2009

"Papaya and Friends" Painting Just About Done...


I've enjoyed painting this scene. Papayas are beautiful with their piles of seeds an beautiful color ... and I've long been a fan of painting lemons.

I may have a few touch-ups to do on this one, but since I'm dismantling the still life, those will have to be done from a combination of memory and photography. I much prefer working from life, but I think the Great Falls Foundation for the Arts needs its classroom space cleared out. (That's where I've been painting -- since this was setup yesterday for my still life class demo.)

Enjoy!

"Papaya and Friends", oil on Senso linen, 16"h x 20"w, copyright Jill Banks 2009.

Other Work on View in Current Exhibits at:
Salon International 2009, Greenhouse Gallery, San Antonio, Texas through May 1
Chasen Galleries, Richmond, VA
Chelsea 32 Gallery, New York City, NY
The Art League Gallery, Alexandria, VA
In my studio/gallery spaces at 1144 Walker Road, Suites D & G, Great Falls, VA

Upcoming Exhibits:
Spring Art Festival at Colvin Run. 30 artists will be displaying and selling work at this Great Falls Studios sponsored event. I'll be in my studio spaces April 25, 26 (Saturday and Sunday, 10am-5pm).


Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: