Friday, April 10, 2009

"L'Auberge Chez Francois" and "Pink Cupcake" Paintings at the Art League




After a few months off, I took paintings down to the Art League in Alexandria, VA to enter into the April All-Media Membership Show. So there are two paintings of mine to see in the gallery: "L'Auberge Chez Francois", a painting of the interior of this great Great Falls restaurant and "Pink Cupcake", a miniature painting of miniature cupcakes.

This past week I've been working on a portrait commission ... and traveled to San Antonio today for the opening reception of Salon International 2009 at Greenhouse Gallery. Hence, not much brand new to show for the week.


Next week, Spring classes start with the Great Falls School of Art. I'd love to have more students for my Tuesday am "Still Life Painting in Oils" class that runs nine weeks, 9:30-12:30. Contact me if you are interested in signing up or know someone else who might be interested. Phone: 703.403.7435 and email: jillbanks1@aol.com. The first day of class, I will be giving a demo, so materials are not needed until the second week. Download the whole Spring bulletin at the Great Falls Foundation for the Arts web site, www.greatfallsfoundationforarts.org.

Also, I've added some recent updates to my web site. There's more in the gallery pages to check out.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

"L'Auberge Chez Francois", oil on linen, 16"h x 20"w; "Pink Cupcake", oil on canvas, 5"h x 5"w. Copyright Jill Banks 2009.

No comments: