Wednesday, April 22, 2009

"Beets and Orange" Painting Fresh Off the Easel


This one's five minutes off the easel. I set up the beets in a different arrangement (with different objects) for my Still Life class yesterday (offered through the Great Falls School of Art) and then moved them into my studio space to capture them before they wilted away. These are orange beets bought from Harris Teeter -- a grocery store with one of the wildest assortments of fruits and vegetables imaginable. This is my first painting of beets. It probably won't be my last.

I'll write a post about the Great Falls Art Fair I'm participating in this weekend a little later on. Right now, husband Randy's picking me up to take me to dinner. Off I go!

"Beets amd Orange", oil on Senso linen, 12"h x 12"w, copyright Jill Banks 2009.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: