Sunday, February 22, 2009

"Rainy Day Market" Painting in Progress


I was having so much fun today ... working on this painting of a market husband Randy and I ducked into in order to get out of the rain. Sometimes it's almost impossible to put down my paintbrushes. Today was one of those days.

I do have a few paintings that I want to tweak before Tuesday when Greg Staley comes in to photograph some recent work. Tweaking is a whole lot less fun than starting and moving around lots of wet paint. So, it will be a struggle to keep away from this one. Watch what happens.

Greg Staley has been photographing my art for a couple of years now. While I take my own photography for the purposes of this blog ... his are so much better and are what I rely on for publications, entering competitions, etc. His client list includes the Phillips Collection, Metropolitan Museum of Art and the National Gallery of Art ... to name a few.

"Rainy Day Market" work in progress, oil on Senso linen, 30"h x 24"w, copyright Jill Banks 2009.

No comments: