Sunday, February 8, 2009

"Rialto Market" On the Easel




















I'm working larger now. This canvas is 24"h x 36"w and continues with the market theme I started with "Limoni". I still wanted the scale of the fruits & vegetables to be generous -- something I found appealing in "Limoni" as well -- so that meant working on a large-scale canvas.

I'd like to set up vegetable stands in my studio to work from ... with crates, baskets, real vegetables, etc. Buying all of these would be prohibitive, but I'd love to work with a market, farmer or enthusiastic gardener in the Washington DC area who had produce to spare who could "loan" me some. Just a thought. Any ideas are welcome.

"Rialto Market" Work in Progress (Day 2), oil on Senso linen, 24"h x 36"w, copyright Jill Banks 2009.

No comments: