Monday, February 16, 2009

"Pretzel Stand" Painting On the Easel


This painting is definitely not done yet... but it is what I was working on yesterday and today. I'm painting it on a linen-lined panel (a Raymar panel) and by tonight the paint was just sliding around and not obeying me at all. I'll get back to it in a few days to finish it up.

I first thought my pretzel stand was a hot dog stand. Maybe it's both. Even though this is a bit of a stretch, I figure this fits into my restaurant series.

You should see my space at the Artists' Atelier, my studio in Great Falls. I have been painting like crazy lately and it looks like it! As soon as some of the almost done ones are really done, I'll move some of them out of there. I am getting ready for my library solo show this summer, but also want to be ready to approach more galleries or restock work at Chasen Galleries (in Richmond, VA and Charlotte, NC) and Chelsea 32 (NYC).

"Pretzel Stand" Work in Progress, oil on Raymar panel, 24"h x 18"w, copyright Jill Banks 2009.

No comments: