Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Giraffe ... In Progress

"Long Legs: Giraffe" work in progress, oil, 24"h x 18"w, ©2015 Jill Banks
Can you tell I was having some fun in my studio today?

"Long Legs" is already spoken for ... so bound for her new home once finished.  I love painting in general -- and capturing animals in oils is true joy, minus any intermittent angst. For "Long Legs," the biggest decision was the composition and pose that is dynamic and characterizes the creature. Think this does it.

More to do ... just not today.

It's hard to believe that the New Year is right around the corner.

I wish you and yours (and mine) a Healthy, Joyful, Prosperous New Year!

Oh, and two more things ... I  am hoping that more students enroll in my Tuesday Evening Paint class that starts on January 12. (We need you!)  Second, I am looking for models (clothed) for my Sunday portrait class and the last two sessions of my Evening Paint class this term. Classes are taught at the Great Falls School of Art in Great Falls, VA. Let me know if you or someone you know may be interested. Drop me a line for more info. See below for links to classes.

Thanks for reading!



Jill

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email: jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
 

See the Events page for more info/updates


Winter classes are up on my web site. Take a look!  I'll be teaching a Portrait Painting/Drawing class this January (full with wait list) on
Sunday afternoons, Still Life Plus (Personal Painting Projects on Tuesdays - 10:30am to 1:30pm  (Only 1 spot left!) and Evening Paint on Tuesday nights - 6:30 to 9:30pm (still room!)through the Arts of Great Falls School in Great Falls, VA. Classes are filling. I hope you'll sign up soon and start the New Year 2016 off right -- with art.

No comments: