Thursday, December 10, 2015

Birthday Present

While most of you will be reading this post after my birthday has passed ... I received a great present tonight. Dinner at my parents' condo with my Mom, Dad, brother Scott, daughter Sarah and husband Randy.  Dad's been improving daily all week. Yea!!!!! Enough so, that he was okay to be wheeled over from the rehab center to the condo to celebrate my turning something or other.

That was the best of birthday presents ... by far.

Check out Dad's photo below.

Some sort of miracle starting arriving while we were in Chicago transforming my Dad back into my Dad. A rash caused the doctors to change his IV antibiotics and with the new meds and new determination, he's steadily improving. You probably know what my wish was when blowing out those candles on my cake tonight. Wishes and prayers.

Award at the Catharine Lorillard Wolfe Art Club's Annual Open Juried Exhibition
Well, that's a mouthful. Friday, December 11, 5:30 to 8:00pm is the Benefit Reception for the Metropolitan Museum of Art being held at the National Arts Club, 15 Gramercy Park South, New New York, NY. My painting "Irish Pub" was chosen for the Leila Gardin Sawyer Award ... and I'm looking forward to seeing it and the other paintings in the exhibition at the reception.

"Irish Pub," oil, 18"h x 24"w, ©2014 Jill Banks
Get more info on the exhibition on my events page.

Dad at the condo this evening ready to help make this a great birthday!


Winter classes are up on my web site. Take a look!  I'll be teaching a Portrait Painting/Drawing class this January (full with wait list) on
Sunday afternoons, Still Life Plus (Personal Painting Projects on Tuesdays - 10:30am to 1:30pm  (Only 1 spot left!) and Evening Paint on Tuesday nights - 6:30 to 9:30pm (still room!)through the Arts of Great Falls School in Great Falls, VA. Classes are filling. I hope you'll sign up soon and start the New Year 2016 off right -- with art.

Still Looking for Some Special Gifts?
You know I'd love to help! Take a shopping trip around my web site. Check out the selection of 6" x 6" framed paintings in a collection posted there. Not everything is on my web site. A visit to my home studio is also welcome. Just ask!



Thanks for reading (or looking)!

Jill

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email: jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
 

See the Events page for more info/updates

No comments: