Monday, December 14, 2015

Christmas Snow Globe Painting

"He's Making a List," oil, 14"h x 11"w, ©2015 Jill Banks
He's Making a List.
Checking It Twice.

That's the music I heard repeatedly while painting today.

This snow globe was beckoning me while a pile of other To Do items took priority.

Today, I got to paint it.

I will most probably continue on tomorrow, capturing the snow flickering in the light in yellows, greens and blues. Seems like too much fun to pass up.

There will be more Seasons Greetings, Merry Christmas messages to come before the 25th but hope you enjoy this one.


December 1st - 18th, 2015
at the National Arts Club, 15 Gramercy Park South, New York, NY 10003. My painting "Irish Pub" won the Leila Gardin Sawyer award in the show. Call the National Arts Club to find out if the exhibit is open for viewing before heading that way.




Winter classes are up on my web site. Take a look!  I'll be teaching a Portrait Painting/Drawing class this January (full with wait list) on
Sunday afternoons, Still Life Plus (Personal Painting Projects on Tuesdays - 10:30am to 1:30pm  (Only 1 spot left!) and Evening Paint on Tuesday nights - 6:30 to 9:30pm (still room!)through the Arts of Great Falls School in Great Falls, VA. Classes are filling. I hope you'll sign up soon and start the New Year 2016 off right -- with art.

Still Looking for Some Special Gifts?
You know I'd love to help! Take a shopping trip around my web site. Check out the selection of 6" x 6" framed paintings in a collection posted there. Not everything is on my web site. A visit to my home studio is also welcome. Just ask!

Thanks for reading (or looking)!


Jill

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email: jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
 

See the Events page for more info/updates


No comments: