|"La Morra View," (How can the couple on the bench be reading?) oil, 12"h x 16"w, ©Jill Banks 2014|
|"Bend in the Road" (La Morra, Italy), oil, 16"h x 7"w, copyright Jill Banks 2014|
Since there are invitations to work on and get out in the mail for the Alexandria and Armonk NY show, this is all the typing I can handle. Hopefully, I'll be able to show you more in the next day or two. There's one fantastic piece in the works! (These are pretty wonderful, too.)
|"Piemonte Lunch," (Nieve, Italy), oil, 12"h x 16"w, ©Jill Banks 2014|
Back to School Fall classes start mid-September when I'll be teaching Still Life (8 sessions, Tuesdays, 9:30am to 12:30pm, September 16 to November 4, $325) and the Plein Air Landscape in Oils (6 sessions, Thursdays, 9:30am to 1:30pm, September 18 to October 30 -- no class October 16, $325). For more info, see my web site's classes page. Classes are taught through the Great Falls School of Art (Great Falls, VA). See my web site, Classes page for more info and a link to register.
Events and Exhibits
- Aug. 16-Oct. 12: Paint the Shenandoah Exhibition, River District Arts, Sperryville, VA
- September 13 & 14: Alexandria (King Street) Art Festival, in Old Town Alexandria, VA. Festival hours are Saturday, September 13, 10am to 7pm and Sunday, September 14, 10am to 5pm. I hope to see you there!
- September 20 & 21: Armonk Outdoor Art Show, Armonk, New York
- September 3-29: "A Sea of Sticks and Stones Group Exhibit," US Geological Survey, Reston, VA
- October 5: McLean MPA Artfest, Sunday, October 5, McLean, VA. 52 artists in McLean Central Park
- Oct. 17-19: Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, Artists’ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA
- Ongoing: Visit the studio I share with 14 other artists at the Artists’ Atelier, Great Falls, VA open Wed. and Sat., 12- 4pm
- Jan.-Feb. 2015: Solo Exhibit, ArtSpace Herndon, Herndon, VA
- See the Events page for more info/updates
Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel (This link takes you to the subscription page.)