|"Chicken Chat," oil, 16"h x 20"w, ©Jill Banks 2014|
|"He Started It!," oil, ©Jill Banks 2013, private collection|
For all you chicken painting collectors out there, "Chicken Chat" is my ONLY one available. Other animal paintings can be seen in the Animals, Birds and Wildlife Gallery on my web site.
At Armonk, two paintings found new homes ... and more are being pondered. Randy and I delivered "Sunflowers II" on Saturday night to a home that seemed just perfect for it. The big decision was figuring out which of the two great spots for it was the best. The second painting off to a new home was one I painted Friday night, a nocturne of Armonk Square, created after we'd set up the tent. The new owners of both were thrilled. Really thrilled. (Great feeling!)
Actually, paintings seem to steadily be migrating elsewhere. Good thing I haven't hung our own new house ... or I'd be witnessing an awful lot of empty hangers. I am extremely happy, though, to gain new collectors, see past purchasers select additional pieces ... and know how much "my kids" are appreciated on a daily basis. Yea!
Events and Exhibits
- Aug. 16-Oct. 12: Paint the Shenandoah Exhibition, River District Arts, Sperryville, VA
- September 3-29: "A Sea of Sticks and Stones Group Exhibit," US Geological Survey, Reston, VA ("Green Pastures" won an Honorable Mention from juror Walt Bartman.)
- October 5: McLean MPA Artfest, Sunday, October 5, McLean, VA. 52 artists in McLean Central Park
- Oct. 17-19: Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, Artists’ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA
- November 1&2: Chastain Park Arts Festival, Atlanta GA
- Ongoing: Visit the studio I share with 14 other artists at the Artists’ Atelier, Great Falls, VA open Wed. and Sat., 12- 4pm
- Jan.-Feb. 2015: Solo Exhibit, ArtSpace Herndon, Herndon, VA
- See the Events page for more info/updates
Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel (This link takes you to the subscription page.)