|"Nic-Naks," oil, 24"h x 18"w, ©Jill Banks 2014|
High temperatures are keeping me inside for a least a trio of days ... so the refrigerator is stocked with still life paintings to be.
A Sea of Sticks and Stones
Today, I dropped off my two works juried into Great Falls Studios exhibit "A Sea of Sticks and Stones" that hangs September 3 to September 30 at the Art Hall at the US Geological Survey in Reston VA. Visitors are welcome Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm at 12201 Sunrise Valley Drive.
An opening reception is Friday, September 5, 4 to 6:30pm. Photo ID required.
Back to School Fall classes start mid-September when I'll be teaching Still Life (8 sessions, Tuesdays, 9:30am to 12:30pm, September 16 to November 4, $325) and the Plein Air Landscape in Oils (6 sessions, Thursdays, 9:30am to 1:30pm, September 18 to October 30 -- no class October 16, $325). For more info, see my web site's classes page. Classes are taught through the Great Falls School of Art (Great Falls, VA). See my web site, Classes page for more info and a link to register.
The Alexandria King Street Art Festival, Alexandria, VA is Saturday and Sunday, September 12 & 13 where you'll find me along with about 199 other artistic folks set up with our work in tents. Come for a visit. (I'd love to see you!)
Events and Exhibits
- Aug. 16-Oct. 12: Paint the Shenandoah Exhibition, River District Arts, Sperryville, VA
- September 13 & 14: Alexandria (King Street) Art Festival, Alexandria, VA
- September 20 & 21: Armonk Outdoor Art Show, Armonk, New York
- October 5: McLean MPA Artfest, Sunday, October 5, McLean, VA. 52 artists in McLean Central Park
- Oct. 17-19: Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, Artists’ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA
- Ongoing: Visit the studio I share with 14 other artists at the Artists’ Atelier, Great Falls, VA open Wed. and Sat., 12- 4pm
- Jan.-Feb. 2015: Solo Exhibit, ArtSpace Herndon, Herndon, VA
- See the Events page for more info/updates
Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel (This link takes you to the subscription page.)