Saturday, September 27, 2014

Italy Moved

"Italian Time," oil, 30"h x 30"w, ©Jill Banks 2014 ... of the gorgeous view this summer in Piemonte, Italy
... to my front yard this afternoon as I decided to return to "Italian Time," recreating the sunflower still life right outside my door.  The Safeway wasn't too cooperative, with only dinky, little, rather withered sunflowers to purchase. Still, another arrangement gave me the "feel" of those flowers back in the vineyard at Piemonte where I taught my workshop this past August.

Painting right outside my front door in Fairfax, VA
Neighbors in our new townhouse community stopped by to visit and look. I had the regular contingent of wee ones very impressed with my painting.  I'm not too certain that my photo is as vivid as the painting, but it went up on my web site, nonetheless. You can find it in the Places gallery at www.jillbanks.com. Take a look. More sunflower paintings are also in the Still Life gallery on the site. 

A weekend off, sort of! Randy and I don't know what to do with ourselves.  Sunday, October 5 is the next art show: MPA's McLean Artfest, held 10am to 5pm in McLean Community Park at the intersection of Old Dominion Drive and Route 123 (Dolley Madison Blvd.). Hope to see you there!

Events and Exhibits

  • Aug. 16-Oct. 12: Paint the Shenandoah Exhibition, River District Arts, Sperryville, VA
  • September 3-29: "A Sea of Sticks and Stones Group Exhibit," US Geological Survey, Reston, VA ("Green Pastures" won an Honorable Mention from juror Walt Bartman.)
  • October 5: McLean MPA Artfest, Sunday, October 5, McLean, VA. 52 artists in McLean Central Park
  • Oct. 17-19: Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, Artists’ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA
  • November 1&2: Chastain Park Arts Festival, Atlanta GA
  • Ongoing: Visit the studio I share with 14 other artists at the Artists’ Atelier, Great Falls, VA open Wed. and Sat., 12- 4pm
  • Jan.-Feb. 2015: Solo Exhibit, ArtSpace Herndon, Herndon, VA
  • See the Events page for more info/updates
Thanks for reading!

Jill

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email:
jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com

Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel (This link takes you to the subscription page.)

No comments: