Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Alexandria VA Day!

"Old Town Conversations" work in progress, oil, 16"h x 12"w, ©Jill Banks 2014
I have about two minutes to post.

Painted in Old Town Alexandria today and received permission from these two nice young women enjoying a chat and lunch by the fountain.

This weekend my booth (and I) will be part of the King Street Art Festival. I'll be in Booth #51, not far from this spot near the intersection of King and St. Asaph Streets.  Please stop by if you can!

Also had a piece accepted into the Art League's Membership Show "Contemporary Realism." (Submitting my "Self Portrait" was part of the reason for the trip.)

Tonight (Tuesday, September 9), I'll be working to put up photos from my Italy workshop (wish me luck!), fill in info on another outdoor arts festival (Chastain Park Arts Festival on November 1-2 in Atlanta, GA) -- so take a look at my web site: www.JillBanks.com  for those updates ... and trying to get out an email newsletter. That's a lot.

Coming Up

Back to School--Still Life Class Starts September 16  Fall classes start mid-September when I'll be teaching Still Life (8 sessions, Tuesdays, 9:30am to 12:30pm, September 16 to November 4, $325) and the Plein Air  Landscape in Oils (6 sessions, Thursdays, 9:30am to 1:30pm, September 18 to October 30 -- no class October 16, $325). For more info, see my web site's classes page. Classes are taught through the Great Falls School of Art (Great Falls, VA).  See my web site, Classes page for more info and a link to register. 

Events and Exhibits
  • Aug. 16-Oct. 12: Paint the Shenandoah Exhibition, River District Arts, Sperryville, VA
  • September 13 & 14: Alexandria (King Street) Art Festival, in Old Town Alexandria, VA.  Festival hours are Saturday, September 13, 10am to 7pm and Sunday, September 14, 10am to 5pm.  I'll be in Booth #51 (near the intersection of St. Asaph and King Streets). I hope to see you there!
  • September 20 & 21: Armonk Outdoor Art Show, Armonk, New York. Booth #U4.
  • September 3-29: "A Sea of Sticks and Stones Group Exhibit," US Geological Survey, Reston, VA ("Green Pastures" won an Honorable Mention from juror Walt Bartman.)
  • October 5: McLean MPA Artfest, Sunday, October 5, McLean, VA. 52 artists in McLean Central Park
  • Oct. 17-19: Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, Artists’ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA
  • November 1&2: Chastain Park Arts Festival, Atlanta GA
  • Ongoing: Visit the studio I share with 14 other artists at the Artists’ Atelier, Great Falls, VA open Wed. and Sat., 12- 4pm
  • Jan.-Feb. 2015: Solo Exhibit, ArtSpace Herndon, Herndon, VA
  • See the Events page for more info/updates
Thanks for reading!

Jill

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email:
jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com

Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel (This link takes you to the subscription page.)



No comments: