Wednesday, January 29, 2014

"Irish Pub"

"Irish Pub," oil, 18"h x 24"w, ©Jill Banks 2014
Another painting destined for my "Here and There" exhibit that we'll be hanging at Katie's Coffee at the Old Brogue in Great Falls, VA this coming Saturday ... fresh off my easel. Hopefully it will dry in time.

Subscribe to News From the Easel at www.JillBanks.com
Tomorrow, I'll be concentrating on show preparations: figuring out my final selections; taking better (in focus, better color) photographs of new work, putting up a preview section on my web site, maybe sending out show announcements (press). By Friday, I hope to publish my next edition of the email newsletter ... so if you'd like to receive a copy with more info on the Italy workshop, the Brogue show and other art news, make sure you subscribe on my web site: www.jillbanks.com.

"Hydrangeas and Persimmons," oil, 10"h x 8"w,©Jill Banks 2013
This morning, "Hydrangeas and Persimmons" was shown, purchased and headed off to its new home ... to join many of its Jill Banks' original siblings there. Part of this painting's charm for me is its diminutive size. Often, although a canvas is small, I'll still paint almost life size -- just choosing tinier subjects. That's not the case here.

Workshop in Italy This August
Come paint with me this August in the Italian wine country.  Details coming very soon on this trip that I'm thrilled about. Hope you will be, too!

Price Increases on February 1
February 1, prices on all my pieces are heading up. Take a look at the website and if one of those works is on your list ... consider purchasing it at pre-February 1 prices. More specifics coming up here and on my site. (I guess I better hurry up with that ...)

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
 
Email
Phone: 703.403.7435

Artists Atelier, Great Falls VA website: GreatFallsAtelier.com

Events
January 10-28: Great Falls School of Art Student Exhibition, Gallery in the Artists Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA 22066. Open Wednesdays and Saturdays, noon-4pm.

February 1-28: Flowers and Chocolates, Gallery in the Artists Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA 22066. One of our best exhibits of the year. Open Wednesdays and Saturdays, noon-4pm. Reception:
Art Night Out!Fundraiser for the Great Falls School of Art
Saturday, February 8, 6:30-9:00pm

Join us for a fun Art Night Out with artists, art enthusiasts and the community as we raise money to support the Great Falls Foundation for the Arts and GF School of Art. The event will feature wine & chocolate tastings along with a variety of romance foods. Guests can enjoy the "Flowers, Chocolate & Romance" Exhibit in the Gallery and floral art demonstration! Location: Artists' Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, 3rd Floor (Suite G), Great Falls, VA

Tickets: Guest - $75
VIP - $100 (includes 1 yr GFFFTA membership)
Patron - $200 (includes 1 yr GFFFTA membership and special recognition)
Sponsor - $500 (includes 1 yr GFFFTA membership and sponsor promotion) A portion of the ticket price is tax deductible, amounts provided with ticket purchase.

RESERVE TICKETS online at www.greatfallsart.org

February: Jill Banks Solo Exhibit "Here and There" at Katie's Coffee in the Old Brogue, Great Falls, VA. I'll be there painting at least one day during the month. See my web site (or the blog) for updates.

More to come.

No comments: