Friday, December 27, 2013

"From My Hearth"

"From My Hearth," oil, 14"h x 11"w, ©Jill Banks 2013
Since putting up the garlands and tree this year (early -- right over Thanksgiving), I've wanted to paint this scene. I love fire and lights -- the warmth and coziness of inside when stepping out takes bracing oneself for the cold. Above the mantel sits "Garden Girl." This view captures my favorite in our home.

I'm seeking comfort, peace of mind -- to find and share it with those in need. Last night, I looked for it with my paintbrush. Like Maria in "The Sound of Music" I turned to my favorite "things."

Holidays highlight what's most important in our lives, amplifying both our blessings and concerns.

Delivery

"Doe a Deer," oil, 20"h x 16"w -- delivered to its new home yesterday
Yesterday, Randy and I delivered two paintings to a collector who hung them within 10 minutes of our departure. While we were there, she showed us where each of her previous purchases resided and introduced us to the rest of her collection. Each piece was hung and selected with care. What was clear to me was how much joy the art brought her -- and that by hanging the works throughout her house, she was passing that joy on -- to her husband, family, cats, guests.

I love to have helped with that.

Sign Up for Classes and Workshops that Start January
Mastering the Business of Art -- two-day workshop January 4 & 5
Still Life in Oils -- Tuesdays, 10am-1pm (Full with wait list)
Portrait Painting -- Sundays, 1:30pm-5:30pm
All taught through the Great Falls School of Art (1144 Walker Road, Suite D, Great Falls, VA).  See the Classes page on my Web site: www.JillBanks.com. Don't wait! (Please. I don't want you to miss out.)



Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
 
Email
Phone: 703.403.7435

Artists Atelier, Great Falls VA website: GreatFallsAtelier.com 

Events
See the events page on my website.  Thanks!


Richeson75 Birds,
Animals and Wildlife Online Exhibition "La Chien de Grange," my painting of the (magestic) Giverny barn dog was chosen as one of 75 outstanding artworks for the Richeson Birds, Animals and Wildlife exhibition now viewable online at: http://www.richeson75.com/wildlife/index.html



No comments: